Extra Curricular Opportunities
We offer an enrichment curriculum for our students, which is undertaken every Wednesday afternoon. This varies year upon year.
Our programme this year includes:
- Sports Academies with professional coaching (Netball, Basketball, Football, Rugby)
- Extended Project Qualification
- Volunteering at a local primary school
- Volunteering at a local community centre
- Big Issues - engaging with and debating current affairs
- School Magazine
- Art project (decorating steel drums)
- Young Enterprise
Our opportunities relating to music are as follows:
- SATB Choir
- Rock band
- Music Tech Club
- Solo recital opportunities
- Chamber group opportunities
- Music trips to West End shows and orchestras
- Music Tour biennially
- School production, most recently Grease and Little Shop of Horrors
- Sixth Form Committee, including the roles of Head Boy/Girl, Deputies, Social Reps
- Mentoring programme (where Sixth Formers buddy up with students in younger years to offer mentoring, whether that be support within a particular academic subject or more general social/confidence support).
- Wider School Leadership (where Sixth Formers head up various teams of student leaders from younger years. School Teams to be led include: Charities, Environment, Teaching & Learning, Spiritual Life, House Captains, Wellbeing, Digital Leaders.
- Sports Leaders (where Sixth Formers can lead sports clubs for younger years or assist/take charge of coaching for younger years).